Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Getting the words out there, and then getting the word out.

A zillion obligations have interfered with my writing life lately, most important being preparation for a week-long visit from my daughter and grandson.   By "preparation" I mean, ahem, cleaning my studio sufficiently that they had a place to stay.  And of course I had to do that while still working the day job, minding the usual household duties, and trying to write, too.  You can guess which got the last attention.

However, I did manage in between all the other high-priority tasks to format Secrets to Surrender for Smashwords, and it is now available there as well as Amazon.  Somehow or other Smashwords makes their "catalogue" available for Nook and Kobo and all those other formats as well.  I don't  know exactly how they do it, but they do.

Self-promotion is not my forte.  If anything, it's my greatest weakness.  I joined Facebook and I added a self-promoting signature to my email, but I'm not sure exactly what to do next.

The self-e-publishing part is actually pretty easy, but the self-promotion part is something I'm definitely going to have to do more research into.  Could I pay someone to do a lot of it for me?  Probably.  But that puts everything back into the hands of the middlemen, and my objective is to keep them as far away as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment