Saturday, April 17, 2021

Words in Review: Reviews for Writers

 Full disclosure:  Unless otherwise noted, I obtained Kindle copies of these books when they were offered free on Amazon.  I do not know the authors nor have I ever communicated with them in any way about their books or any other subject.  I am a traditionally published author of historical romances, and self-published in contemporary romantic suspense and miscellaneous non-fiction.

Yes, as of this date, 18 April 2021, Be Still, My Heart will be publishing reviews.  

But not just any old reviews.  You folks have Goodreads and Amazon for those.  Those reviews are, as I myself have said repeatedly over the past ten years or so, for readers.  For years and years, reviewers have been burdened with the claim that they owe writers feedback, that their reviews carry an inherent obligation to either promote the books for the writers' profit or provide constructive criticism for the writers' improvement.

Be careful what you ask for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment