The good news is I figured out how to surf through all of Amazon's Kindle listings and get past at least some of the garbage.
The other good news is that I did some writing yesterday -- 820 words -- so even if I didn't meet my challenge every day, I at least made progress. I also spent some time on research, which is necessary when writing historical fiction, and the information I obtained helped me work through a particularly difficult spot in the novel.
And we had rain over the week-end. First a strong storm cell moved through early Sunday evening, and then last night we had several nice steady showers. This will do our parched desert landscaping a world of good. Even the cactus were starting to shrivel up!